.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Chimichurri

I heard about Chimichurri on the radio and decided to take a stab at it. I made up a recipe according to the description heard and it wasn't quite right so I decided to take another stab at it. My first attempt was essentially a fine relish of garlic and parsley which I loosened with olive oil, it didn't taste great and the texture wasn't so pleasing.

I recalled a time in college when a friend of mine had some take out from a Columbian restaurant, he gave me a taste. I don't recall what it was, the picture in my mind resembles an empanada, I dipped it in a sauce accidentally dropping it in said sauce and felt a little bad for storming up his meal with my little mishap. I don't remember the taste at all but I do have a clear visual memory of the sauce. It was a semi-clear liquid with ingredients floating in it.

Chimichurri

1 good pinch parsely leaves, chopped
1 smaller pinch cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small pinch chili, minced
(I used some tiny Thai chilis of which I have a bouquet hanging up to dry in my kitchen)
1 pinch salt
black pepper, ground
1 Lime, juiced
1 small drizzle of oil

Combine in a bowl and serve or to be fancy, combine most of the greens with the salt, pepper, chili and garlic and pound gently to get the natural oils going. Add the lime juice and oil, stir and serve.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?