.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 20, 2005

Wish you were here!

After a few weekend days of toiling in the garden we finally spent the day enjoying it. I had a little vacation day in San Jose.

Breakfast was late and filling. After the farmer's market Sunday morning, I made huevos rancheros with a can of veg chili I needed to use for a while and some onions, sauteed zucchini (cuz I like it), mi pueblo salsa on a tortilla with some avocado and a little crumbled smoked cheese. I spent the rest of the day sitting under the sun in the garden, returning inside (repeatedly) to assemble some cocktails with various juices (cranberry, fresh lemon and had to made a nectar run to mi pueblo), and the spirits that I rarely use outside of party events. In the glasses, floated berries, cherries and little apricots. At some point, muffins with apricot, banana, walnut and chocolate chunks! Dinner was broiled veggies (eggplant and mixed squashes) over pasta with oil and cheese and raw diced tomato. I even roasted some garlic cloves in a bunch of oil for bread purposes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?