.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

entropy to the rescue

I have so many tomato plants growing right now. I diligently planted a number of seeds of for many different delicacies and nurtured them in little pots inside so that when the ground warmed up they would be ready to go in. I pictured myself lying flat on my back in the dirt drenched in sun crunching raw vegetables of every variety. Then I got consumed by deliverables at work and with C5. I didn't get to plant any of that stuff. Fortunately, seeds from last year's spectacular tomato plants found themselves in the oddest locations. I'm not sure how they got there, by critters and birds I suppose. The rain made sure they felt at home and all of a sudden, I saw some pretty and fragrant weeds. I dug them up and transplanted them into a bed. Then I started to find more throughout the yard. I left those where they were for fun. It is going to be a huge year for tomatoes, hello sandwiches! Hello pasta sauce! Hello salsa! Hello eating cherry tomatoes plucked one by one from the bush like a bunch of grapes (while lying in the dirt of course).

Comments:
Looks like I'll be back just in time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?