.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 13, 2005

Lucky Slugs

I gave some serious thought to slug abatement logistics. The plan is to put out a bowl of beer, the slugs are attracted to it and drown. The problem is I don't want to use the good stuff that I've got. I figure cans of domestic can be purchased individually at a nearby bodega. But the wasted time and fuel if I drive, the energy that would be used to ring up the purchase and the cold lost by the opening their fridge and the special trip make this a time and resource intensive endeavor, especially since the beer in my fridge cost a dollar a bottle at Trader Joe's, and I go there anyway.

The part that will still kill me is pouring out that malty frothy amber goodness for the purposes of evil rather than pure beer fulfillment. But it's all in the name of strawberries.

She: But they might not like that beer.
Me: If they are any kind of slugs they will!

Comments:
you know, i may have forgot to mention this thinking it due to, well, common sense, which i don't usually possess, but i should tell you, the slugs will probably only need a couple of tablespoons.
you get the rest. or i do.
f.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?