.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Rot Powered Seed Starter

Many out there may have seen one or twenty five of the pumpkin plants which sprung to life in my compost bin. You'll be pleased to know that along with two avocado trees, The compost has also cradled a potato in its fiery bosom. Which will be a shame to harvest by the way. Root vegetable harvest is kinda brutal. I don't think my Root Vegetable binge of late 2004 early 2005 would have happened with such zest had I to rip them from the ground with my bare hands. A withered plant is different because I feel like it dies in my arms with dignity. I hacked up some withered out soy plants and found in it's pods, nicely dried soy beans. I should roast them with sunflower seeds. I shucked some of them and then lost interest for a few months so I'll just toss the remaining ones in the compost and let the compost take care of those.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?