.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 28, 2005

Last Ride

Mom came to visit again. She, my sister and I took our last ride together in the Hooptie. I'm donating the car in a month or so.

This is the car that was the sleekest thing I had ever seen when my father brought it home the first time. It's mileage climbed as he drove it to and from the office in New Jersey. It braved my commute to and from college. It tooled my sister around Boston during her last year of Law School. It limped around Oakland with her. She turned it over to me and it was a worthy respite from my plastic days of roaster ownership. It asked for very little in the last two years. It loved tire rotations and wheel alignments. It staggered along after losing a tire in the middle of the highway. Blinking it's airbag light like a little scar. It wore it's hit-and-run gash rather proudly. It still wows people with it's oscillating heating/cooling vents. It tells the world to Increase your Fertility by composting.

A prius is on the way. Hello geek mobile.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?