.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Adventures in Soup

Some visitors were in town tonight. How do I know, you ask? I know because they needed help. While waiting for my soup order, an ordinarily slow-steppin' looking guy rushed in and began to ask for a polaroid camera. "This is going to hurt" I thought, as I had a pretty acurate guage of the breathe of the English of these vegan Vietnamese cuisine matriarchs. There was miming and sound effects and then giving up. As he walked passed me on the way to the door, I identified my phone as a photo taking device and began to explain email and the "packets" of data that are sent across the globe daily. Well it was more like "I can shoot some photos and email them to you, do you have email?"

He thanked me and went on about how much the ticket was. He pointed out the little corners painted into the asphault marking off their parking spot. I asked them to write down an email address, the paper and pen digging commenced. I mentioned how I could probably store it in my phone but "that sounds hard" so I went in to get my soup while they wrote down the info. We bid a collective adeau. I too congested and spacey to get or give names or identify myself as a Master Composter in training and they in a hurry to make a house meeting back in Santa Cruz (sorry to those who voted Berkeley, Arcada or Eugene).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?