.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Root Season

I love root vegetables in the winter.

I guess it's just because it's cold. I wonder if root vegetables thrive in cold seasons especially or is it just that summer vegetables aren't as flamboyant so root vegetables stand out. Someone at work was asking why soviet and scandanavian cuisines alike love their beets and parsnips. I said "because it's cold there and root vegetables grow best... look, I'm eating root vegetables and I'm wearing a wool hat, because it's cold and that is what's available." Maybe root vegetables go well with a hat. And I do love my hat.

BTW pointing something out to Sesame is impossible because he just looks at my finger, hoping it will lead to food.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?