.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 18, 2004

Baby Zucchini

I've been trying to pick the zucchini early while they are still small. I like the sweeter fuller flavor of the baby zucchini. It seems that at some point, there is only so much zucchini flavor to go around so letting it grow bigger will not help the flavor. The other day I picked some small enough that I was able to steam them whole and still be able to cook them in a few minutes.

Piercing the outer flesh gave a nice snap which balanced the tender veggie goodness inside nicely. The snap seemed to propel the flavor to all corners of your mouth.

Comments:
I've held the "there's only so much flavor to go around" theory for years, particulary where strawberries are concerned. Give me the little ones over Giant Mutant Ninja Berries any day!

I wonder how the zucchini plant in my backyard is going (my housemate Kelly is the designated gardener, so I haven't checked lately).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?