.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 07, 2004

Baby Bullet

I took the Baby-Bullet Train to work today. It was exciting and rather fast. I left a bit earlier to catch it and there was a lot less traffic on the road to get to the station.

There was all kinds of fanfare surrounding the baby bullet's maiden voyages. There was a woman in the subterranean walkway handing out schedules talking up the baby bullet. At first, I assumed she was handing out Jesus Saves trading cards or the like. I wonder what kind of gum those come with.

The conductor was handing out commemorative fake passes on the train. I would have taken one had I known they were individually numbered. The short bus now picks us up at Mountain View Station where signs for Giant hot dogs beam at you (especially nasty sounding at 8am). I'll have to get used to this but change is good.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?