.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 24, 2004

Early Adopter

I fond out that the Citibank Platinum Select Credit Card starting offering 5% cash back on groceries, gas and drug stores. "Score" I said, I have one of those; "I'll stick it to the man so good." "This offer is only for new cards," they said over the phone. "Oh really I said?" Here is my elaborate plan...

Open a new card.
To not blow off the cash back I accrued on my existing dividends card. I keep that around and use it for bills and other non 5% items.
Once I get to the $100 limit on the old card, they'll cut me a check.
I close the old card and move to the new generous card.

The twist:
I see a letter yesterday touting these new feature, "I knew that I said."
I see another letter touting the new features, "Twice?" I asked.
I notice that they each reference a different account number.

It seems all existing dividends cards will get the new features starting September 2004, until then though, my elaborate plan is still useful. Winner!

Oddly enough, early adopters usually sacrifice money for convenience. The Half-assed homemaker makes his own rules.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?