.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 15, 2004

Clubbin

JJ and I hit the town on Saturday. We started at Ben's, mmm. Then we walked around a bit. We found our way to the Blank club and not to be confused with someone cool but I agreed to see the bands playing that night. There were three openers and the headliner. The first opener sucked so after that, we walked to the Hedley Club in the De Anza Hotel. There was a band playing there too, a jumpin' happenin' band I must say. I even, uncharacteristically, danced and I'm sure JJ learned her lesson when I broke into the crazy legs dance.

We went back to the Blank Club, flashing our stamped hands, to catch the headliner. The headliner, Dishwalla, could best be described as pretty. Musically, they were very tight. If I could make a meal like they could perform music, I wouldn't be here. I'd be ranting on a blog made of gold encrusted with jewels. sadly, the singer sounds like the singer in the band who rips off the singer of Green Day. Their music was just as unoriginal, same old radio static. I don't think there is a motel lounge musty enough to be a fitting venue for these guys.

Keep smiling boys, say "hi" face-down-in-the-pool-overdose-land for me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?