.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Short Fuse

I got the blasted timer set again and it should work right? Wrong, it refused. What is it this time? (I asked myself in not those exact words) A fuse! Now I need to replace a fuse, this just keeps getting better. I could just go to the store from where I purchased the sprinkler timer right? Wrong, I went to the store where I purchased the cursed sprinkler timer (By the way, boycott OSH) and purchased a pack of 0.5 amp fuses. I assumed they were the right size because I'm an idiot. It turns out, I needed a shorter fuse. Hey, a bad pun is less painful than a wasted trip to the hardware store.

Once I got home I was reminded (by myself and others) of the age old rule for replacing shit... always bring the old one with you. Upon my return trip to that store (old fuse in hand), I discovered that it is not important to them to carry replacement parts for merchandise that they sell. I was referred to Radio Shack (Radio Shack!). So this isn't all my fault, but it ultimately was because I got out of bed that day. Bringing the old fuse the first time would have only served to make me madder sooner but a slow desent to madness seems to be the universe's plan for me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?