.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Irrigation Irritation

The house came with a sprinkler system, good right? We wired up a little timer computer, good right? Those things are supposed to take forever to set the way you want them, right? The problem is there is a glaring bug in the UI that I won't get into now but it requires a bit of powering down when a simple undo feature would suffice. But the real problem is that there is an AC adapter and batteries. Why? I don't know. I figured both had to be disconnected in order to erase all the settings you don't want, because why else would there be both?

I feel like one of those pioneers that discovered something great except I discovered something stupid, what I discovered was removing the battery while it is plugged in will erase all the settings you just entered. I also disovered that a discovery like that causes me to walk away from such a disappointing assache and the cooling off period required before I can approach that POS again is going on five days.

So let's recap, some engineer spent the time to build in an AC power source that apparently does absolutely nothing. I would not like to be the person to inform that person about the fruits of his or her labor. I am proud of my brown lawn.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?